Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Whirlwind Continues


Arrived in DC on Sunday evening for quick orientation as part of the NSF fellowship. One of the most painless orientations I've attended; we covered a full suite of logistical pains, program requirements, legal constrictions, and medical considerations in record time. I even got to hit the town and see some sights.



Yours truly, Washington Monument in the background.



The Washington Monument, viewed from the new (ish) WWII memorial.



The Lincoln Memorial, viewed from the WWII memorial.

I also went to see my buddy Travis and his girlfriend Bonnie, who are now living in DC. Trav and I lived together in Annapolis before I moved to Oregon.




Here he is with Lucia, a super-awesome and very chill aussie border mix. She loved me right away.


No comments:

Post a Comment